Senior Project Day 2

 Tuesday, May 9th  - Total Hours: 8 hours and 20 minutes


Today was the second day of my project, I started at 8 am by first doing research on spreading Pea Gravel in the 4 dugouts at Martin Field. I watched a few videos on how to properly spread the gravel and then researched where I can purchase it, this process took 30 minutes. After this, I went to Home Depot to purchase 10 bags of Pea Gravel, this took another 30 minutes. When I took the gravel to Martin Field, at this point it was 10, it took me 20 minutes to unload the 10 bags of gravel from my car and into the storage shed. I started to work in the dugouts of the field with smaller dugout areas, first I weeded out all of the dandelions, then collected trash to prepare for the Pea Stone to be spread. This process took around an hour. Next was spreading the gravel, which took another hour. I ended up completely finishing the full weeding and gravel spreading process in 2 dugouts. For the next hour, I tackled the second field’s dugouts, I only got to a bit of weeding because there is more space to cover in these dugouts. Overall I spent 4 hours and 20 minutes on my project today, an overall total of 8 hours and 20 minutes for the entirety of the project thus far. Tomorrow I plan on finishing the Pea Stone spreading in the last two dugouts, then more thorough weeding of both softball fields. 


(dugout 1)


(dugout 2)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 7

Senior Project Day 12

Senior Project Day 13