Senior Project Day 10

 Day 10 Blog - Thursday 5/18

Written at 1 pm


I started the morning by going to Martin Field to do another coat of paint after yesterday’s layer dried. This took me about 30 minutes. After that, I spent around 45 minutes cleaning up trash, sweeping the dugout floors, and raking the fields a bit. I then traveled to my second site, Sanel Field to assess what work I will be doing there. My original plan was to clear the grass out of the batting cage at this park, however, my mentor and I saw the shape of the cage and decided that this would not be an obtainable goal. This batting cage is in such poor condition that professional landscapers with an excavator would need to come in and clear it out. So, we shifted to my backup task for this field. Cleaning out and touching up the paint jobs inside the softball field’s dugouts. These dugouts are in rough shape, I attached photos below where the dugout walls are completely vandalized. In addition to this, the benches and walls need a new paint job in the areas where there is no graffiti. So throughout the next few days of my project, I will be wiping down the walls, then starting to paint. Another aspect of this project includes taking down a wooden bat holder that is rotting and has sharp metal nails exposed, I have also included a photo of this below. This bat holder is incredibly unsafe to the players that are using these dugouts and needs to be taken down immediately. I spent the rest of my day after seeing the condition of Sanel planning and researching the next part of my project. I also emailed the league director for the game schedule at Sanel and determined that the best day to paint is Monday of next week. So in the meantime, I will take down the bat holder and prepare the dugouts for painting. 


Today’s Hours: 8:00 - 9:15, 9:30 - 10:30, 10:45 - 12:45 (4 hours and 15 mins)

Project Total: 40 hours and 35 minutes








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 7

Senior Project Day 12

Senior Project Day 13