Senior Project Day 13

Day 13 Blog - Monday 5/22

Written at 3:45 pm

This morning I arrived at Sanel Park ready to start painting the interior of the dugouts. I started off in the third base dugout, typically used by the visiting team. I began by wiping the dust off the bench, taking a towel, and wiping down the walls to get an initial layer of debris off. Next, I started painting the interior walls. I first took a larger paint roller and painted the initial first layer. There were a lot of cracks and crevices that needed a more precise paint job so I went through after the initial layer with a small brush to get the small details. After this, I painted the bench with a different paint roller head adjustment that works better on wood. The first dugout interior, bench, and exterior walls took me about 2 hours to complete. 

    Next was the bench on the first base line, used by the home team. This dugout was in far worse condition. I am genuinely horrified by the disrespect for the home facilities that these players have. I have attached photos below, but this dugout is the before photo with the graffiti covering the interior wall. After painting the interior and bench, I moved to two of the smaller outside walls. One of these walls was where I tore off the rotted bat holder on Friday. This dugout also seemed to have more crevices that needed extra detail with a small brush, so the second dugout took me about 3 hours total to complete. 

Overall, I am very pleased with the 5 hours of work I did today. I feel as though this was one of the most productive days of my senior project. It was very satisfying to look at the before and after pictures of the dugouts when being painted. 

Today’s Hours: 9 am - 2 pm (5 hours) 

Project Total: 53 hours and 35 minutes


(Home dugout before paint)
(Home dugout after paint)
(Away dugout before paint)
(Away dugout after paint)
(This is where I took the rotted bat holder off)
(The same wall after being painted)






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 7

Senior Project Day 12