Senior Project Day 5

 Day 5 Blog - 5/12

Written at 12:30 pm 


I started off my day by taking a trip to Walmart to shop for the First Aid Kit that I assembled for Martin Field. I arrived at Walmart around 8 am to start shopping. Yesterday when researching places to buy these materials, I came to the conclusion that Walmart would be the most cost-effective option. Shopping took me around an hour as I was surprised at how many different first aid products they had available and how difficult it was to identify what I was looking for. I didn’t expect shopping to take this long but I underestimated the amount of options Walmart would have and how spread out everything was throughout the store. After purchasing everything I needed, I headed home to assemble the First Aid Kit. I first took some things out of their bulky packaging and organized some products in zip-lock bags. I then made a general list of everything in the bin to make it easier for coaches, or whoever needs to access the First Aid materials. I put this list at the top of the bin. This process took me around 30 minutes. After this, I drafted and sent an email letting coaches and board members know that this First Aid Kit would be at the field starting tomorrow. I had to write a few separate emails to the Concord National Recreational League coaches, as well as the New Hampshire Lightning Club Coaches, and then the Board of Directors of both leagues. This took me 30 more minutes. At this point I had 2 hours of the day completed. 

Next, I decided to start my research on spray-painting labels on the Martin Field Dugouts. I watched a few videos and read several articles on spray paint on exterior surfaces. I am lucky that the dugouts are made of wood because wood is one of the easiest materials for spray paint to adhere to. I knew almost nothing about spray painting so I researched the basic process for about an hour before starting the next part of my planning. This next part was more of a logistics: where I will purchase the paint, what kind, and how I will make sure that the letters look neat and clean. I came to the conclusion that I will be using white spray paint on the green dugouts and am likely going to make my own stencils that are exactly what size and font I would like. This took another hour. I was really nervous about taking on this spray paint project before I did more investigation on it, so these two hours of internet scouring and video watching were very worth it, I am now confident that I will be successful.  


Hours Today: 4 

Project Total: 20 hours and 20 minutes






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 7

Senior Project Day 12

Senior Project Day 13