Senior Project Day 9

 Day 9 Blog - Wednesday 5/17

Written at 12:20


I started off Day 9 by arriving at Home Depot at around 7:45 am to purchase a few things that I forgot during yesterday’s trip. I got another set of stencils, a small tray to put the paint in, and a small paint mixing spatula. I arrived at Martin around 8:30 to start my painting project. First I needed to take down the stencils that I put up yesterday and re-measure and level the new larger stencils on the Martin 1 dugout. I then prepared my stencils and taped them to the wall. Next was the painting process. I decided to do three coats of paint on each letter and number. The preparation and actual painting took me about 2 hours just because I was extra cautious since it was my first attempt at painting something like this. After this, I repeated this process on the dugout of the other field, Martin 2. Because I had already done this before, the whole measuring and painting process took a little bit less, an hour and a half. Overall, today was pretty smooth sailing and went better than I had expected. Tomorrow I am going to return to the fields and do another coat of paint.  


Today’s Hours: 7:45am - 8:15 am, 8:30am - 12:00 (4 hours)

Project Total: 36 hours and 20 minutes





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Senior Project Day 7

Senior Project Day 12

Senior Project Day 13